DENR distributes 4,146 land titles to farmers in C. Luzon
THE DEPARTMENT of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) here distributed about 4,146 land titles covering 317 hectares of public lands to landless farmers in Central Luzon in support of Environment Secretary Regina Paz Lopez’s social justice and equitable access to land resources, environment authorities announced yesterday.
Regional Director Francisco Milla, Jr., of DENR Central Luzon, reported that a total of 3,700 residential land titles, called patents, covering 83 hectares and another 446 agricultural land titles, covering 234 hectares, were distributed last year to at least 20,730 marginalized farmers and their families.
"The land distribution efforts are aligned with Pres. Duterte’s anti-poverty program in the countryside and are in support of the Comprehensive Agrarian Reform Program (CARP)," he said.Read more...
- LGU in CL to take the lead in land titling program
- Advance computer software to boost forest and biodiversity protection in CL
- Area development, subsidiarity and federalism by Undersecretary for Field Operations Philip Camara
- Upland farmers in CL awarded with forest tenure
- Forest officers in CL enhance skill on biodiversity protection