More than 100 wildlife rescued, 7 illegal traders nabbed in DENR-NBI sting
A JOINT wildlife enforcement operation by the Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR) here and National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) in Bulacan recently resulted in the seizure of more than 100 illegally- traded animal, including two endangered species, environment authorities here revealed.
According to Roger Encarnacion, DENR- Community Environment and Natural Resources Officer (CENRO) based in Guiguinto, Bulacan, a composite team from DENR and NBI Bulacan district office conducted the buy-bust operation after receiving information that wildlife species were being illegally traded in the Bocaue public market in Binang 2nd.
“We have been monitoring these activities for months now until we confirmed the illegal trade of wildlife is happening. This is a very clear violation of our wildlife protection and conservation law”, he said.Read more...
- DENR distributes 4,146 land titles to farmers in C. Luzon
- LGU in CL to take the lead in land titling program
- Advance computer software to boost forest and biodiversity protection in CL
- Area development, subsidiarity and federalism by Undersecretary for Field Operations Philip Camara
- Upland farmers in CL awarded with forest tenure